[MUD-Dev] [NEC] 2.8: A Group Is Its Own Worst Enemy (fwd)

Michael Tresca talien at toast.net
Sat Jul 12 09:38:51 CEST 2003

From: Jeff Cole [mailto:jeff.cole at mindspring.com]

> Ah, but consider whether such effective business- or state-imposed
> structures can be imposed by designers.  I don't think so.  Among
> other things, designers do not have the leverage to impose the
> same structures on large populations as businesses and states
> impose on their large populations.

How not?

I work at a Fortune 5 company.  All that's used there is a pyramid
structure established from the start.

What, exactly, do you need to have the leverage to influence people
on a massive universe that you build and prep before opening it to
the resident population?

Businesses do not have that luxury and still do it.

Mike "Talien" Tresca
RetroMUD Administrator
http://michael.tresca.net