[MUD-Dev] Metrics for assessing game design

Paul Schwanz pschwanz at comcast.net
Tue Jul 22 16:29:48 CEST 2003

ceo wrote:

> I was actually trying to evaluate games to use whilst
> experimenting with evolutionary-AI (i.e. automatically evolving
> better and better AI's). At one point, I sat down with a long list
> of pre-existing computer games and ranked them according to how
> well they were likely to work with EP.

Would it be possible to expand on this a bit?  For example, could
you walk us through how you determined exactly that Tetris should
get a high ranking for being likely to work with EP, or that
Warcraft should get a low ranking?  Or perhaps you could explain
what steps you use to evaluate your test game to find that it
requires adjustment.  If you can find the time, that sort of thing
could be very helpful.

--Phin