[MUD-Dev] Dealing with cloned NPCs

Thomas Sullivan one4k4 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 30 10:26:11 CEST 2003

--- Owen Matt <Matt.Owen at thetube.com> wrote:
> On 27 June 2003 14:46, 'John Buehler <johnbue at msn.com>' wrote:
>> Matt Owen writes:

> Alternatively, Player 2 could have a teamwork attribute, either in
> their character class, or as a toggle. With this attribute
> enabled, ATTACK RAT would automatically assist Player 1, without
> Player 2 having to constantly specify. I'm sure this is how guild
> type teamwork works?  (I'm not an EQ/AC/DAoC type player)

Thoughts about this led me into the direction of grouping for xp..

Wherein, if player 1 and 2 are grouped, player 1 can be designated
as "the tank, main puller" (for you eq types..) and player 2..x
simply have to type "attack" (or "attack with dead rat" (after all,
a dead rat may have some damage to it. ;))) And player 2 attacks
with whatever wielded weapon.. and they attack whatever the "group
puller" is attacking.

Solo, they may type:

  > assist bobby [with dead rat/shuriken]

etc..

Creating groups, distributing xp, that has yet to be schema'd out..

Real life is busy. :/  Pray/Pine for me!

-Tom