[MUD-Dev] Biz: Game support

Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com
Fri Nov 14 09:31:40 CET 2003

From: Peter Tyson [mailto:PeterT at codemasters.com]

> Anyone considered moving their game support to India/Asia? At
> first glance, while cheaper, it does provoke issues of
> understanding the subtleties of English, gaming and MMORPGs in
> particular as the support is rarely formulaic phone/email
> answering.

> I believe UO moved some support to India, anyone have any
> experience of it?

Well on the plus side, if you make people pay international rates to
India, you won't have to handle many support calls ;)

Actually that's an interesting point. How many games have local
points of presence across all territories offering support 24/7 at
local call rates?  I've never called a game support line - sitting
in a queue at international call rates has never appealed.

Dan