[MUD-Dev] MMORPG: where to start for making and running a game

Patricia Pizer ppizer at videotron.ca
Thu Nov 20 11:58:23 CET 2003

From: Lee Sheldon
> Patricia wrote:

> Ack, Patricia, I was basing that on our get together this past
> August.  Everybody there from Monolith was single-player I
> think. I forgot about Toby <blush> and didn't know Geoff had
> joined them. But while I was incorrect using the word "all,"
> wouldn't it be fair to say the company has been up until now a
> single-player developer?

> The single-player URU has now been released, although the online
> component was delayed a week. We'll know soon enough how it goes
> there. ;)

Correct, *most* of the Monolith team are single-player folks. Having
a couple of ringers sure does help.  :)

Um, Uru's LIVE game has been "delayed" more than a week. This is
currently in a "apply to get in to the online Beta once you've
bought the game" and will move into a fee-service (open to the
public) sometime in February. It will, however, be very
interesting. There are more than a couple of "technical" issues
facing the team, though I'm certain they will resolve them quickly.