[MUD-Dev] Why doesn't Lineage count as the most popular MMOG ever?

kennerly at sfsu.edu kennerly at sfsu.edu
Wed Sep 10 20:28:16 CEST 2003

Dr. Cat wrote:

> And when you get right down to it, the statistic that many
> businessmen would look at very clearly favors Lineage - as you
> said, it earns about $135 million a year.

Just a quick note to keep a fact straight: the stat, from NCsoft's
IR August 2003, was that NCsoft gross revenue was approximately
$135M USD for 2002, based on September 2003 KRW to USD currency
exchange rate.  That would be all their revenue, not just Lineage.
For example, they also operate GameTing in Korea, which is a suite
of light games, although it's not on the same order of magnitude.
Still, I would blindly guess that most of that $135M USD was from
Lineage.

And anyway, I agree with your conclusion.

David