[MUD-Dev] ghost mode

Amanda Walker amanda at alfar.com
Thu Sep 11 13:23:52 CEST 2003

On Thursday, September 11, 2003, at 12:03  PM, Tess Lowe wrote:

> I dont like the unknown unless I'm perfectly safe within it from
> losing all my hard (and boring) work.

I'm not that risk averse--if all else fails, I can start over from
scratch.  However, I like PvP much better when it's a sport than
when it's gang warefare.  I enjoy tests of skill (including debating
skill, as a few of you may have inferred ;-)).  I don't mind the
rewards of PvP being bragging rights, ranking, titles, etc.  I do
mind PvP becoming a contest about who can find the best portal
ganking spots and making other players walk home in their underwear.
After all, at the end of a football game the winners don't get to
steal the loser's jerseys and helmets, though I'm sure that there
are those who would consider that a fun play style :-).

Amanda Walker