[MUD-Dev] Rewarding Beta Testers (There's Pricing Deal)

David Loving a_stoned_rat at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 17:16:13 CEST 2003

--- "Samurai Cat @ Catacombs" <samurai at catacombs.com> wrote:

> If you were to make the freebie lifetime account a seperate reward
> to strive for - i.e. something that not all the testers could get
> - then there would be cries of favoritism, etc. Ugh.

I think that there is a reward that beta testers do deserve- a free
copy of the finished game. It doesn't cost much money to produce the
physical goods and they are still paying the monthly
subscription. IMHO it's not worth $45 for a game that you have to
turn around and pay even more for just the right to play, even with
the first month free especially if I contributed to the development
even in only a very small way. But, you can't give away CD's to
everyone, of course.