[MUD-Dev] Mogi from Newtgames

Olivier Lejade olivier at mekensleep.com
Fri Apr 2 17:22:26 CEST 2004

>From this article on slashdot

  http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/04/02/0113231&mode=nested&tid=127&tid=137&tid=186&tid=193

it seems that Mogi - a cool geolocalized, web/cellphone centric,
persistent world - is finally under the spotlights.  Unfortunately,
I find the comments in the slashdot discussion less than
inspiring...

I'd therefore be most interested in hearing my fellow listers'
thoughts about the possibilities opened by this type of games, as
well as any problem they foresee on the way to a wider acceptance.

I am also interested in opinions about how a similar game would fare
in North America.  Specifically, i'd like to know what cultural
and/or technical barriers need to be raised in order to achieve a
successful release in this territory.

Olivier Lejade