[MUD-Dev] MMO Simulations (was Re: MMO Communities)

Otis Viles otis.viles at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 15:59:05 CEST 2004

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 11:13:25 -0700, Peter Keeler
<scion at divineright.org> wrote:

> Do any existing games keep records like this and actually use
> them?

The MUD I work on records that information into a MySQL database but
we don't do much with it -- certain items in the game have made it
worthwhile to farm mobs, so the statistics on which have been killed
more then others isn't worth nearly as much. It's mostly for our own
curiousity, especially the "how many KILLS has a mob gotten?"
statistics.