[MUD-Dev] Re: MMO Communities

Freeman, Jeff jfreeman at soe.sony.com
Wed Aug 11 18:19:13 CEST 2004

Brad McQuaid wrote:

> Hrm, strange that you would say that Jeff -- they seem to notice
> the press releases we put out when an ex-EQ team member joins
> Sigil, and their articles seem to reflect that.  In fact, we go
> out of our way to promote our team members and their
> accomplishments.

> Can your team say the same, or are Raph & Rich just as recognized
> and singled out as I am, or perhaps even more so?

Sorry, I was being too obscure.  Reference to the funny ign preview
of Deus Ex (that Erik of Old Man Murray titled "Great Moments in
Game Writing"):

  "There's a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a
  game to a single person," says Warren Spector, creator of Thief
  and Deus Ex.

The powers that be here are all pretty great in terms of mentioning
that there's a whole team behind the game, but the game journalists
themselves still occasionally attribute the entire game to the
individual they're interviewing.  Especially the higher-profile
folk.