[MUD-Dev] database design

szii at sziisoft.com szii at sziisoft.com
Mon Aug 23 21:11:39 CEST 2004

Erik Bethke wrote:

> What books would you recommened - I would like to buy 2 or 3...

I honestly don't have any references.  I approached the issue by
reading whitepapers on how databases used indicies and reading up on
how a couple different databases implemented SQL queries (they're
all relatively similar.)  Once you know how the database will be
looking for things and read a few whitepapers on optimizing indicies
you'll have a pretty solid foundation.  It's not really, IMO, a
"hard" subject - it's more of a thinking puzzle game that if you
rush through too fast you will get done but it may not be the
"optimum solution" to the project.

I suppose if you read enough whitepapers it could be considered a
"book" but I wouldn't have an ISBN for you though.  :)

-Mike/Szii