[MUD-Dev] SOC DGN: AC like alligiance system

Hans-Henrik Staerfeldt hhs at cbs.dtu.dk
Tue Aug 31 13:04:58 CEST 2004

On Monday 30 August 2004 18:44, Matthew Rick wrote:

>   Problem:

>     If you have a large number of vassals, it doesn't matter how
>     low prestige they are.

>   Solution:

>     Impose a limit on the number of vassals a character may have.

Or; make the growth curve non-linear. f.inst.: logarithmic

>   Problem:

>     This will lead to an old-bies game (no one but veteran players
>     may run for office / vote / get involved in politics).

>   Solution:

>     A)The prestige requirements are customizable by locality.

>     B) This is intentional.

I agree, this would be a benefit, given the bar for entering the
political = game is not way too high (players need to feel that it
is an attainable goal)

>   Problem:

>     Vassals could end up being more prestigous than their lord.

>   Solution:

>     I don't view this as a problem (although I suppose it could
>     be).

I agree, this is every vassals dream :-) It would give some
non-combat oriented player vs player content.

--=20
--Hans-Henrik St=E6rfeldt