[MUD-Dev] DESIGN: Online adventure games

Malcolm W. Tester II malcolm.tester at comcast.net
Tue May 25 16:41:34 CEST 2004

J C Lawrence wrote:

> So every player is going to end up with a main character and a set
> of two mules for the other activity types?

Multi-playing will not be allowed, although, IMO it is a near futile
effort to stop it in muds.  Strict rules against it (and
consequences) help prevent it.  And the reality is that it's not any
different from other muds where people log in and create a character
that joins the Fighter guild, and another character that joins the
Sorcerer guild.  Anyone ever play Darke or one of its derivatives?

Although, it is the thought of this that makes me consider the idea
of allowing them to change modes once they reach a particular level
of advancement.  Once again, a work in progress, and a piece I
haven't decided upon yet.

-Malc