[MUD-Dev] Wish cancelled...

Artur Biesiadowski abies at adres.pl
Thu Jan 13 00:20:15 CET 2005

Eric Scholten wrote:

> Does anyone have some more information about the exact reasons,
> that lead to this decision?

>>From http://www.stratics.com/content/portals/wish/index.php

  Wish has been shut down because with the data we gathered during
  the first 10 days of our Beta 2.0 test, even with our best-case
  projections for player numbers, we could not have reached enough
  subscribers for Wish to sustain itself.

  This is the reason that I already gave to several fan site
  managers, and it is the only reason. There have been no technical
  problems out of the ordinary, we have not been bought out, and
  neither is there any truth in any of the other rumors that are
  being spread in the Internet.  This reason is hard to accept for
  some fans of Wish, and I can understand that. There has been a
  very loyal and dedicated community around Wish. But it is simply
  not large enough to support a group of over 32 full-time game
  developers, plus many others that worked as consultants.