[MUD-Dev] MMORPG Cancellations of the past 2 Years

Michael Hartman michael at thresholdrpg.com
Thu Jan 13 02:43:17 CET 2005

Is there a list anywhere of active or in-development MMORPGs that
have been cancelled in the last 2 years?

Ideally, is there a list that also has links to explanations for why
these MMORPGs were cancelled?

If no such list exists, perhaps this topic could be used to generate
one?

This information could be extremely valuable to existing developers
for a number of reasons:

  1) Knowing why others failed helps other people avoid the same
  problems/mistakes.

  2) Being armed with the exact list and exact reasons helps in
  creating accurate analyses of the marketplace when seeking
  investment. Furthermore, if I were confronted with the issue of
  multiple MMORPG cancellations by a potential investor, I would
  want to know about all of them and be able to explain why my
  project was different.

--
Michael Hartman
President and CEO, Threshold Virtual Environments, Inc.