[MUD-Dev] Middleware pricing

Alistair Milne krug at krug.org.uk
Thu Mar 3 15:28:16 CET 2005

Dana V. Baldwin wrote:

> I 'm having a little trouble tracking down costing for the Havok
> and other middle ware. Anyone have any clues to point to?

Chat with a sales rep from the companies you're interested in, they
often negotiate a price with you specific to your situation
(i.e. number of projects, target platforms, length of development,
royalites or not, etc).  The usual route is to go to a few different
middleware providers and evaluate their wares for a month or two,
and then choose the one you prefer best.

Alistair