[MUD-Dev] Re: How to handle log-outs in a totally dynamic world.

Ben Greear greear at cyberhighway.net
Tue May 19 22:14:41 CEST 1998

On Tue, 19 May 1998, J C Lawrence wrote:

> On Thu, 14 May 1998 23:44:01 -0700 (MST)
> Ben Greear<greear at cyberhighway.net> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 14 May 1998, J C Lawrence wrote:
>
> >> Mechanical address: All ships approaching station are instantly
> >> docked -- you can't "push" a station.  But what happens if I push
> >> an asteroid into a station?
>
> > What is a station, but a large ship, if I have a large, or larger
> > one, then I can probably push it :) An asteroid would definately do
> > it, especially if I have already weakened or destroyed the main
> > drives.
>
> Stations are typically considered very large ships with very small or
> nonexistant engines -- they're intended as orbitting masses, not
> mobile platforms.

Aye, tis semantics.  I will limit the ships I and others build
by the money, equipment, tech, and supplies they have.  I'll try to
keep as many pre-conceptions out of it as possible.  At the same time,
I'm going to have all 'normal' travel be F=MA, so due to design
constraints you will probably be right.  At any rate, anything smaller
than large planets will be movable, and I'll probably even let
ppl move planets if they have enough resouces (say a moon for fuel!).

Such large things will be up to the DM (ie me :)) though, which I
think is reasonable...

Ben Greear (greear at cyberhighway.net)  http://www.primenet.com/~greear
Author of ScryMUD:  mud.primenet.com 4444
http://www.primenet.com/~greear/ScryMUD/scry.html

--
MUD-Dev: Advancing an unrealised future.