[MUD-Dev] Re: OT: Java multithreading test source

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Sun May 24 00:50:32 CEST 1998

On 23 May 98, Mike Sellers wrote:

> Wow, hard data.  A graph even.  Very cool.  What is the scale on the y-axis
> though?  Are those milliseconds?  Seconds? Kwatlus?

That should be average millisecs.

> Also, what's the explanation for the falling lag values for the first few
> (80-120?) threads?

The first few threads take a "long" time (several hundred ms.)  The
average lag seems to be a cumulative of what went before.  So we
should naturally see a sharp slope until the raw data starts showing
real lag.  This would be due to class loading and invocation of the
JIT.

--
--/*\ Jon A. Lambert - TychoMUD     Internet:jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com /*\--
--/*\ Mud Server Developer's Page <http://www.netcom.com/~jlsysinc> /*\--