[MUD-Dev] Re: Let's talk about numbers.

Adam J. Thornton adam at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Fri Sep 25 23:30:11 CEST 1998

On Fri, Sep 25, 1998 at 06:36:07PM +0000, Jon A. Lambert wrote:
> For configuration options, I like using tab controls.  A few Windows
> apps make use of these, but they are much more commonly seen as
> standard fare on OS/2.   Each tab is a different category.  Saves
> screen space and prevents the endless drill down and back up to find
> what you want.  The Win95 System and Display properties make light
> use of tabs, but rather inconsistent use.  I prefer the vertical tabs
> though.

TkPerl has these, and they're installed by default on Win32 Perl.  Really a
lovely way to do a *lot* of stuff in a little screen real estate.  To
maintain the separation between easy fiddling and Deep Magic, it might be
good to put the common stuff on buttons/buttcons and drop-down-lists, and
the heavy-duty stuff on a tabbed notebook.

Adam
adam at princeton.edu
"There's a border to somewhere waiting, and a tank full of time." - J. Steinman