[MUD-Dev] Richard Garriot's 'X' project

Jeff Freeman SkeptAck at antisocial.com
Sat Apr 1 19:26:43 CEST 2000

>From: skeptack <skeptack at antisocial.com>
> > Disregard the previous link, I think GameSpy's coverage is a LOT easier
> > read/follow:

>From >AR Schleicher (Jerrith):
>Lum's and GameSpy's were basically the same at first (though Lum's was

Yah, but Lum's site has a lot of stuff to scroll through that I didn't think
most members of this list would be especially interested in.

>slightly better), however, they both had an unedited internal memo from
OSI,
>which OSI didn't want parts of published.  Lum edited it, and apologized
for
>his actions, I don't think GameSpy did anything. (They hadn't last I
>looked.)

GameSpy had pulled it by the time the above message (from me) made it back
to me from the list, so it wasn't there for long.

>Lum's page (http://lum.xrgaming.net/) is one of my favorites sites though,
>and while it may be less clear on this topic, it's still usually a great
>site to read that I recommend to others.

He won me over when he did a news blurb about Verant making a Star Trek
MMORPG and titled the news item "Camping the Klingon Spawn".  :P