[MUD-Dev] Self-Sufficient Worlds

Chad Arnold chad at mudcenter.com
Thu Apr 27 08:15:17 CEST 2000

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01BFB020.B8B25440

>At 11:22 AM 4/26/00 +0100, Chris Lloyd wrote:
>
>>In a perfect MUD, the entire world is run by the PCs. Cities, guilds,
clans
>>and so on are all determined by the players.

>Is this really achievable or desirable? Mr. Lloyd seems to think that
>this is obviously so, but I don't see it at all.

Isn't this what the upcoming MMORPG, Dark Zion is trying to accomplish?

Here is a snippet from the official press release available at
www.darkzion.com:

"Dark Zion is a player driven world: players will explore, build cities,
create clans and governments, wage wars, breed insects, and discover the
lost secrets of the world of Dark Zion as they create a story of their =
new
civilization."

I may be wrong, so if I am feel free to correct me. But from what I've =
read
thus far it seems that the MMORPG will be highly PC oriented. Player ran
economy, government, etc. and no NPCs whatsoever.

- Chad Arnold

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01BFB020.B8B25440

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>>At 11:22 AM 4/26/00 +0100, Chris Lloyd =
wrote:<BR>><BR>>>In a=20
perfect MUD, the entire world is run by the PCs. Cities,=20
guilds,<BR>clans<BR>>>and so on are all determined by the=20
players.<BR><BR>>Is this really achievable or desirable? Mr. Lloyd =
seems to=20
think that<BR>>this is obviously so, but I don't see it at=20
all.<BR><BR><BR>Isn't this what the upcoming MMORPG, Dark Zion is trying =
to=20
accomplish?<BR><BR>Here is a snippet from the official press release =
available=20
at<BR><A =
href=3D"http://www.darkzion.com:">www.darkzion.com:</A><BR><BR>"Dark=
=20
Zion is a player driven world: players will explore, build =
cities,<BR>create=20
clans and governments, wage wars, breed insects, and discover =
the<BR>lost=20
secrets of the world of Dark Zion as they create a story of their=20
new<BR>civilization."<BR><BR>I may be wrong, so if I am feel free =
to=20
correct me. But from what I've read<BR>thus far it seems that the MMORPG =
will be=20
highly PC oriented. Player ran<BR>economy, government, etc. and no NPCs=20
whatsoever.<BR><BR>- Chad Arnold</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01BFB020.B8B25440--