[MUD-Dev] [BIZ] Advertising sprawl (yahoo)

Vincent Archer archer at nevrax.com
Thu Apr 19 10:31:37 CEST 2001

According to Dave Rickey:

> And I'm using a program that kills all browser window popups before
> they even appear.  There's no long-term future in more intrusive
> advertising as a support for content.  As it gets more intrusive,
> the software to stop it will get more sophisticated and easier to
> use.

It's real easy to stop it. Just disable javascript in your browser.

Unfortunately, this also kills a few sites who use exclusively
javascript functions to navigate. As if they forgot the existence of
the <A> tag :)

--
Vincent Archer                                         Email: archer at nevrax.com

Nevrax France.                              Off on the yellow brick road we go!