[MUD-Dev] Ebay bans character selling

rayzam rayzam at home.com
Thu Feb 1 16:42:15 CET 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy Music" <rezo at lords.com>
To: <mud-dev at kanga.nu>
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2001 9:58 AM
Subject: Re: [MUD-Dev] Ebay bans character selling

> Devil's advocate here, but I think that viewpoint is flawed.  That
> would be like saying that Monet your rich uncle just bought is
> suddenly worthless.  In some ways, after that point, it's not the
> same piece of art (in only one way, who owns it).

No. The character created in a game is a series of decisions, what
they have, what they kill, what they do, who they know, etc. In your
example, its treated as a finished product. But it's not. It's more
like a half-finished painting.. Now a new artist has it, to continue
putting the paints on the canvas. From that point forward, that
'character' is not the same as it would have been with the original
player/artist.

    Rayzam