[MUD-Dev] brazil

Valerio Santinelli tanis at mediacom.it
Thu Feb 8 08:55:59 CET 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Koster, Raph" <rkoster at verant.com>
To: <mud-dev at kanga.nu>
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 3:18 AM
Subject: RE: [MUD-Dev] brazil

> A UO server supports up to ~2800 actually, i think they are capped
> at 2500 for performance's sake... There are two servers in Europe,
> cf my earlier message.

Are you saying that they only support 2500 players per shard or per machine?

> It requires around 20,000 people to justify opening a UO server
> cost-wise...  it was a hard battle to get that in Australia.

I'm trying to get some statistics from the biggest shards here in
Italy. The most active at the moment seems to be one of those hosted
on NGI who has got around 200 online users at every hour.  I'll let
you know when I get more details.

--
Valerio Santinelli
HateSeed.com Founder