[MUD-Dev] Innovation restrictions (was: Information sharing)

Richard A. Bartle richard at mud.co.uk
Wed May 9 08:03:46 CEST 2001

On 09 May 2001, SeronisROTv3 at aol.com wrote:

> I dont think that was the meaning Richard had.  I personally would
> like to see the EXACT same game re-released with newer graphics...
> not just a new version of an old game to carry on the series.

Yes, you're right, that is what I meant. I don't mean "Railroad Tycoon
II", I mean "Railroad Tycoon I with only the graphics changed".  I
don't mean "Ultima X", I mean "Ultima IV with only the graphics
changed". I realise this is tantamount to colourising B&W movies,
thereby undermining their artistic integrity, but at least they have
some artistic integrity to undermine...

Legal versions of old DOS games (known as "abandonware", as they've
been abandoned by their publishers) can be downloaded from

  http://www.classic-trash.com/gamelist.php

Richard