[MUD-Dev] Point of Purchase "Cards" for Online Services

David Kennerly kallisti at tahoesnow.com
Tue Nov 26 16:39:37 CET 2002

Christopher Allen wrote:

>   - Will Sims Online and Star Wars Online have cards like these
>   available? Anybody else?

I never thought much about it, but Korean online game companies have
used these for at least a few years.  Nexon offered them and I'd
guess NCSoft and some others do too.  I don't know how popular they
are.

Did NCSoft offer Lineage cards in the US at prominent places like
Electronics Boutique, for US Lineage, also?

Nexon offered these cards in Singapore and perhaps in other
Asian-Pacific countries, too.  NCSoft might or might not offer cards
in other Asian countries also; I don't know.

>   - It seems to me that these cards are particular useful if there
>   is a high percentage of casual players. Is that true?

I'd guess so.  While I'm only a casual observer, it seemed computer
novices and underage players who could not have a credit card may
have bought these cards.

David