[MUD-Dev] Secondary characters as a mechanic

adam ceo at grexengine.com
Thu Feb 6 11:16:09 CET 2003

Brian Hook wrote:

> This is a wacky idea that someone has probably already thought of
> and shot down, but I figured I'd toss it out and see what others
> had to say.

> Along with the standard "bigger stats, skills and stuff" reward
> system, how about augmenting it with more simultaneous characters?

> For example, you have a primary character, and as you gain power
> and prestige, other characters can be added to your party.  These
> new characters would be at some level of power lower than your
> primary character.

> These characters can be played simultaneously, but the game would
> focus on the "party as character" and "primary as character".  For
> example, faction would be carried at the party level.

> Feel free to destroy and abuse this idea =)

Anything that resurrects the fun of Ultima7-style party adventuring
is a good thing by me :).

If you haven't already read them, I suggest you do an archives
search for the posts about "familys" and "clans". IIRC some of the
posts veered into "adventuring families" all being online at the
same time, but only owned/controlled by one person.

Adam M