Spam: RE: [MUD-Dev] Star Wars Galaxies: 1 character per server

Travis Nixon tnixon at avalanchesoftware.com
Thu Feb 13 22:48:02 CET 2003

From: "Koster, Raph" <rkoster at soe.sony.com>

> Air Warrior and World War II Online both have/had very active
> moviemaking communities based around their engine's ability to
> capture movies of gameplay. I've seen some impressive WW2O movies
> in particular. I've seen a few DAoC movies as well.

Huh?  DAoC records movies?  Or is it somebody throwing stuff out to
a video capture and making an avi or whatever out of it?  I never
tried WW2O, and the two times I played Air Warrior weren't really
enough to get into the nitty gritty details of everything.

The implementation I'm thinking of would be server-based, though,
and require rather obscene amounts of logging.  :) I can't really
think of any way other than that to let people trade them around
easily (without making them email multi-megabyte sized files), as
well as fulfill all the other neat possible uses.