[MUD-Dev] Playing catch-up with levels

Amanda Walker amanda at alfar.com
Tue Apr 27 10:03:24 CEST 2004

On Apr 27, 2004, at 7:24 AM, cruise wrote:

> Exactly - by hiding all the numbers and calculations it makes it
> /much/ harder to game the system, or just repeat the "best"
> strategy.

No, it doesn't.  Take a look at the archives for some previous
discussion on this point.  It makes it slightly harder for casual
players, and just whets the appetite of the powergamers for whom
reverse engineering your system is the entire point of playing.

That's not an insult to powergamers, by the way: if I didn't do so
much analysis and reverse engineering for a living, I'd probably be
among them.

Amanda Walker