[MUD-Dev] Better Combat

Dana V. Baldwin dbaldwin at playnet.com
Thu Aug 12 17:12:52 CEST 2004

On Behalf Of Michael Hartman
> Dana V. Baldwin wrote:

>> Millions of players have gone through our collective doors and a
>> fragment of them have stayed.

> Brad McQuaid wrote a day or so ago that EQ has 60% retention. That
> is hardly a fragment. Threshold has TONS of players that first
> created 8 years ago.

>> For some people go-go-go is exactly what MMOs have been missing.

> We'll see.

What I am speaking to is conversion as well as retention. Retention
numbers are generally much higher than conversion. While I don't
have links available at this moment, I believe that Sony has stated
on occasion that well over a million people have played
Everquest. If there is 60% retention then the conversion rate would
be significantly less than that.