[MUD-Dev] NEWS: Why Virtual Worlds are Designed By Newbies -No, Really! (By R. Bartle)

Morris Cox morriscox at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 18:03:54 CET 2004

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 17:59:05 -0600, Michael Sellers
<mike at onlinealchemy.com> wrote:

> While virtual worlds have thus far been primarily focused around
> entertainment activities, this is changing quickly.  Any
> definition that relies on games or entertainment -- or even hints
> at them -- will be left in the dust of history.

This caught my attention. I recently came up with MEOW (Massive
Educational/Entertainment Online World) because I want to take a
MMOG and use it for education. A virtual university of sorts. I see
that my term relies on games/entertainment as part of it. (I also
liked that a meow is a cat sound and that my name is the name of a
famous cat.) I kinda doubt that MEOW would have marketplace value,
however, it does address entertainment and education aspects.

--
Morris Cox
Web marketing and development, Internet consulting, game design