[MUD-Dev] [ssows] thinking about EQ2 - kill locking (fwd)

Vincent Archer archer at frmug.org
Fri Nov 26 14:15:53 CET 2004

According to Ken Snider:

> This is precisely why the "yell for help" option "unlocks" the
> MOB, allowing you to to "ride in and save the day", so to speak.

In my (limited) EQ2 experience, I've never ever seen anyone asking
for help. Maybe it's a reflex from old-timers, maybe it's too
counterintuitive for newbies, I have no idea. But I've seen plenty
of people running for their lives, with mobs in tow, and the little
padlock icon indicates that they're still locked in combat.

I wouldn't know the icon that indicate an xp-less unlocked mob if it
were not for guards, which forcefully unlock mobs when they
intervene in combat.

	Vincent Archer			Email:	archer at frmug.org

All men are mortal.  Socrates was mortal.  Therefore, all men are Socrates.
							(Woody Allen)