[MUD-Dev] [ssows] thinking about EQ2 - kill locking (fwd)

Tom "cro" Gordon cro at alienpants.com
Sun Nov 28 11:48:48 CET 2004

Hello Chek,
Saturday, November 27, 2004, 7:09:19 AM, you wrote:

> IMO; the "call for help" feature in EQ2 may not be working very well
> because of possibly more mundane reasons.

> Specifically, the group leader routinely limits the ability to yell
> to just himself in order to avoid accidental yells from
> members. Moreover, yelling requires the mob to be targeted - which
> may be hard to do when the player is running in the opposite
> direction from it.

Not sure if this has changed since Beta, but at that stage, you could
be kill-locked by just being aggroed by a mob and never actually
entering into active combat.

Which also meant you couldn't call for help, as often you would be
aggroed by a mob that - as far as your (or my) client was concerned -
hadn't even appeared in the game world, giving nothing to be targeted
(not even with TAB targetting).

Regards,
Tom "cro" Gordon
CEO, AlienPants Ltd