[MUD-Dev] [OT] Hi all an first time MMORPG designer tries togetinthe loop

Brian Lindahl lindahlb at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 2 16:45:10 CET 2004

"Michael Sellers" <mike at onlinealchemy.com> wrote:

>> The most critical mistake you can make as a designer is to not
>> commit to a particular genre.

> Wow, you think so?  It's difficult for me to pick a most critical
> mistake, but I think I'd have to go with something like
> insufficient capital or the wrong mix of people on your team long
> before picking a genre.

As a designer, its the most critical mistake, not a project
manager. I agree, from the entire project's perspective there are
worse mistakes you can make. But the most critical mistake a
<i>designer</i> can make is not comitting to a genre (or target
audience) - and I'm pretty sure he mentioned he was a designer.